Volunteer Leadership Interview Questions
INTRODUCTION: My name is ___________. As indicated in our earlier conversation, this interview is part of my doctoral research at Saint Thomas University. I will ask you questions about your personal background, education level, and work experiences in a non-profit leadership position. Your answers will be anonymous and will be used to address the research questions of my study without being attributed to you as an individual. Thank you for your participation.
1. Please describe your experience in non-profit leadership.
a. How many positions have you held?
b. What is the highest position you have held?
c. Do you currently serve in such a position?
d. For how long?
2. Are you currently providing leadership to a small or large group, describe?
3. How would you describe your leadership style?
4. In what ways do you think that your current leadership style is working to motivate people? In what ways could it work better?
5. What are your leadership goals? How do you know if and when they are being realized?
6. What leadership issues or success experiences can you share?
7. Several factors affect volunteer worker satisfaction, motivation, and retention in non-profit organizations. How and to what extent do you think the following factors are involved?
a. Self-actualization strategies by leaders.
b. Promoting a sense of belonging among volunteer workers.
c. Promoting self-esteem among volunteer workers.
d. Providing workplace safety for volunteer workers.
e. Other factors you think are important.
8. Do you currently or are you planning on taking any Leadership training courses, why or why not?
9. Describe how you plan to continue your career in non-profit leadership? Why or why not?
10. Is there anything else you think would be helpful for me to know as I complete this study on Non-profit Leadership?
I appreciate the time you have taken for this interview.
I appreciate your help.